The death toll in Gaza topped 700 on Thursday as Israeli tank fire before dawn killed 16 people in the Hamas-dominated coastal territory, including six members of the same family, Palestinian health officials said. The continued violence defied world efforts to achieve a ceasefire between Israel and the Islamist group Hamas after 17 days of fighting, though some officials voiced optimism that a limited truce may be within reach.
The Appellate Division of the Supreme Court deferred till September 1 the hearing on two petitions of BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia,questioning the legality of the appointment of a judge in two graft cases.
- 5 drown in Mymensingh
- HC upholds death sentence to 2
- Biman employees’ go 8-hr work abstention
- Death toll tops 700 in Gaza
- 3 female students expelled at JU
- 25 students killed in India train crash
- Girl found dead in capital
- 2 killed in Manikganj
- Mirpur fire under control
- SC defers Khaleda's appeal hearing