Two female and a child were trampled to death and 10 people injured while handing out zakat clothes among the destitute by a private organisation at Kathpotti in the district town on Friday. Two of the deceased were identified as Firoza, 55, and Nupur, 25, hailed from Palashpur area in the town.
Gazan authorities said Israeli forces shelled a shelter at a U.N.-run school, killing at least 15 people, as the Palestinian death toll in the conflict reached 796 and attempts at a truce remained elusive. United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon expressed horror at the Thursday attack on the school at Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza strip. "Many have been killed – including women and children, as well as U.N. staff," he said in a statement. "Circumstances are still unclear. I strongly condemn this act."
- Khaleda to greet on Eid at BICC
- FF UK Ching Marma no more
- 2 die in Rangpur road crash
- 2 youths killed in road crash
- JL activist chopped dead in Bogra
- Stampede for Jakat clothes kills 3
- Shift workers 'face diabetes risk'
- Google quizzed over deleted links
- Easy ways to decorate a blank wall
- Birdman heads Venice gala line-up